CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 13, 2006

Great new vampire story from Anisa Damien



Here's the blurb for Taste:
What better background for a reporter? Ashlyn Douglas always gets what she wants. Her target, The Scarlet Manor, an exclusive erotic resort visited by a chosen few. She’s determined to land an interview with the owners, the elusive Rayven brothers. Until she meets Cyrus, and decides she’d rather have him.

Cyrus Rayven has his choice of lovers. Now he wants Ashlyn. Her shapely curves and wicked tongue make his cold vampire heart run scalding hot. But when he discovers Ashlyn’s secrets, will passion be enough?

Here's what I thought about Anisa Damien's Taste:
Taste. Mmmm… Let's just say that the title is working on several levels in this erotic multicultural paranormal romance… Damien has a really vivid and seductive writing style. She pulls you right into the story and the world and I found myself being sucked (no pun intended) right into Ashlyn and Cyrus's story. The concept was fresh. The sex was HOT. (Think of a big mansion with themed-inspired pleasure rooms and you might be able to envision the possibilities...) The plot kept me hooked until I finished. It's shorter than a novella, so it was great to be able to read it and find out how it ended before going to sleep. That way, I didn't have vampires invading my dreams. (Although, with a vampire like Cyrus, maybe I wouldn’t mind so much…) I highly recommend this and other publications by Damien. You won't be disappointed. I did an interview with her back in September. Check that out on this blog in the archives. You can get your own copy of Taste from Changeling Press. I suggest you download a copy today. I can't think of a better read during this Halloween month than Anisa Damien's Taste.

Get a copy of Taste here:
http://www.changelingpress.com/

Find out more about Anisa Damien here:
http://www.anisadamien.com/
http://www.anisadamien.com/seductiveblog/
http://sexysheets.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww dang! errtime you bring up anisa damien, i end up going over there and buying something. you know i have other reading to do!

shame on you! ;-p

Gwyneth Bolton said...

I know. I know. My bad... Look at it this way, most of the e-publications are shorter and you can read them quickly... I need to stop too... with all the stuff on my plate... but I can't...

Anonymous said...

Gwyneth,I posted the following to you about your response to my reading post, but I figured the further down it goes, you may not see it(and I really am curious about the books):

Please be kind to your TAs ;-p And, if you don't mind my asking, what books are you assigning? You can e-mail me if you'd like

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Elle,

Of course, I'm always super nice to my TAs. :-)

I'm teaching Introduction to Women's Studies, WSP 101. So I'm using a textbook. Women's Lives: Multicultural Perspectives, Fourth Edition, edited by Gwyn Kirk and Margo Okazawa-Rey.

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Hey, Anisa! I should be thanking you for writing such a wonderful story. I really enjoyed it! Keep on doing it, girl!