CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Images that amaze me... (Because Elle Tagged Me)

So, Elle has tagged me. And now I have to find 8-10 images that amaze me. This is pretty much impossible. But I will try to do it since I was tagged. But Elle... I will get you back soon...



This is the image from the second Be Girl Be conference at Intermedia Arts in Minneapolis. I just love the way it shows how women have always been a part of hip-hop and it highlights all the elements. And I guess the amazing part is that more people don't recognize all the women bring to the culture.



One of my dissertation advisors has this picture hanging in her home. I've just always loved it.



Anything by Frida amazes me... Frida amazes me...



Love the revolutionary spirit here--I think its called revolutionizing Aunt Jemima...

The rest are women who amaze me and inspire me: Zora Neale Hurston, Fannie Lou Hamer, Sojouner Truth, Ida B. Wells Barnett and Harriet Tubman.



Zora Neale Hurston--because I aspire to write as powerfully one day...



Fannie Lou Hamer--because I aspire to live my life as bravely...



Sojouner Truth--because I aspire to speak as powerfully and have my words mean as much to as many...



Ida B. Wells Barnett--because I aspire to have the courage to continue to fight against injustice wherever I find it...



And Harriet Tubman--because she remembered to go back and she personified "each one, pull one."

Much love and peace,

Gwyneth

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gwyn, that was beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Gwen,
I admire those women as well! Cool pics!
~Ty

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Thanks, Elle! And thanks for tagging me...I think... :-)

Hey, Ty! They are great women. Glad you admire them too.

Gwyneth

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Tamika,

You know I love me some Fannie Lou--"I am sick and tired of being sick and tired"--is my quote!

Gwyneth

Nancy Henderson said...

Great post, Gwen. Very inspiring.

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Thanks, Anisa!

Thanks, Nancy!