CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Hump Day Blues....

Does the work week have you down? Do you feel like you want to scream? Are people just getting on your nerves for no good reason? Sounds like you've got the "Hump Day Blues." And I've got the cure. Here are a few rap lyrics I use to help get me through the day without doing someone bodily harm. "Y'all gonna make me lose my mind. Up in here. Up in here. Y'all gonna make me go all out. Up in here. Up in here... Y'all gonna make me act a fool. Up in here. Up in here. Y'all gonna make me lose my cool. Up in here. Up in here." If the co-workers hear you mumbling that in a nice DMX growl and keep getting on your nerves, they deserve whatever happens to them. My other personal favorite comes from that street philosopher from the south, Trick Daddy. (I have to exchange his use of the "n-word" for "people" because I don't want the white folk thinking they can use the n-word any more freely than they already do. And I have to switch his use of the "f-word" for "messing." Because I have to keep it clean for the kiddies.) But, trust me even the PG version of this song will make those bothersome folk leave you the hell alone. Just tell them Trick Daddy said, "Y'all people keep messing around, messing around... Mess around and get stuck in the ground. I ain't no buster see. Y'all people better stop messing with me!" And if that don't work, put your pimp falsetto on and channel Jay Z: "I done told y'all nine ten times stop messing with me..." Then slowly walk towards them...

Caution: Not responsible for improper use of the lyrics that gets you locked away in the psych ward.

Warning: These lyrics are not magic. There are some people that just need to be cussed out. All the singing to yourself in your office will not substitute for them being told where to go and how to get there.

Happy Hump Day!

Gwyneth

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gwen,
Thanks for that even though it's Thursday. I just read this!:*) I am at work with my nosey, aggravating coworkers! And I'm stressing about what to add to that dreaded synopsis! I can't write when I'm stressed!:*(

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Relax, Relate, Release :-)

Let go, and let flow ;-)

Do any of those help with the stress?

Anonymous said...

I'm memorizing these for tomorrow. Students can act a fool when they sense the weekend!

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Ahhh...yes... students... We gave the first batch of papers back on Tuesday... Hence my hump day blues...

Anonymous said...

Gwen,
They help a little, but the weekend helps more. I'm going to work on the synopsis non-stop this weekend, and see what happens!
~Ty

Gwyneth Bolton said...

I know Tyhitia! Sometimes there is nothing like the weekend to give us the strength to do it all over again the next week. Have a great weekend! And I hope it's filled with lots of inspired synopsis writing!

Nancy Henderson said...

Great post, Gwen! I've had the blues all week. Just a long, difficult work week.

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Tell me about it, Nancy. Hopefully this weekend will be nice and relaxing and I'll be ready and able to do it all again on Monday! Have a great weekend!