CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 09, 2006

"Unbreakable" (Just jokes… But… Hmmm...)

I knew there was a reason why I didn't like that Alicia Key's song "Unbreakable." I like Alicia Keys, but there was something about that song that just worked my nerves. At first I thought it was because she took the track from my favorite song by Sweet Sable, "Old Times Sake." Then, I thought it had to be because the lyrics sound like she wrote the song while alternating between Nick at Night and the Entertainment Network: "We could fight like Ike and Tina or give back like Bill and Camielle. Be rich like Oprah and Stedman or instead struggle like Flo and James Evans…. See we could act up like Will and Jada, or like Kimora and Russell making paper. All in the family! Like the Jacksons and have enough kids to make a band like the Jacksons…" I guess we should just be happy she wasn’t watching the cartoon network. Then she would have lyrics like, 'We could eat brontosaurus burgers like Fred and Wilma. Or live in a space house in the sky like George and Jane Jetson…" But now I know why the song bothered me so much. It's a jinx. Couples are breaking up left and right after she mentioned them in that song. What is she some kind of hoodoo woman? First Russell and Kimora Simmons are getting a divorce. Now Bobby and Whitney are calling it quits. (Okay, Bobby and Whitney should have called it quits a long time ago…) But, you can’t tell me Alicia Key's song didn't have something to do with it. I'm telling you, if something happens to Will and Jada's marriage, or if Bill and Camielle Cosby call it quits, somebody needs to say a prayer and throw down some salt or something... And Alicia Keys, I know I'm not famous or anything like that… but keep me and mine out of your songs. LOL!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Ike and Tina line always bothered me. Always.

Gwyneth Bolton said...

I know, Elle. Problematic...

Anonymous said...

Gwyneth,

I'm really bothered by the fact that you can't see my blog. I've gotten used to our dialogue. I'll ask her if there's anything forthcoming.

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Elle,

I know. The text is all in the sidebar on my computer and I can only see less than half of it... weird. I'll try the desk top and see if it's any different.

JT said...

I dont' like that song myself.

Kari Lee Townsend said...

Isn't it funny how we relate our lives to songs. I guess that's the point of it. I guess the best ones are ones we relate to, even if we don't like them. I personally don't like that one either. You always make me think Gwen;)))

Anonymous said...

Gwen,
I like that song. Are you suggesting that life imitates art? LOL!
Tyhitia

RageyOne said...

Hmmmm...interesting thought and you may be on to something.

Hi! Elle pointed me to your blog. I'm a soror also.

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog, Jen and Kari!

Tyhitia... no... more like Alicia Keys' song saying a couple is unbreakable seems to have the opposite effect.. LOL...

As a side note, I just realized that she might not mention Bobby and Whitney in the song... That could blow my whole Alica Keys is a jinx theory... But when was the last time anybody saw Oprah and Stedman together... hmmm....

Rageyone! OO-OOP, Soror! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Anonymous said...

Gwen,

I think they over played that song. I don't know what it is about that song but I just could not get into for some reason.


Tiffany

Gwyneth Bolton said...

I know, Tiffany! I think I can add that to my list of problems I have with the song. Because along with the over-playing came the unavoidable--singing along. There is nothing worse than when you find yourself singing along with a song you can't stand. LOL!