CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Throwback Thursdays

This is how we do the old to the new…

Because there’s something about Mary…

“Real Love”




Just so you know, I will be a Mary J. Blige fan for life! She had me ever since she came out looking for a “Real Love” in 1992. Hell, I was feeling her when she was singing back up hooks for Father MC in “I’ll Do For You.” There’s just something about a Mary J. Blige fan. We will buy her CDs no matter what. Even those fans grumbling that they don’t like her music now that she’s happy and in love will fork down their cash and purchase each new release. We can’t help it. I’m so happy that her last two CDs have been ones that I can rock track after track after track without skipping. Honestly, I haven’t done that with a Mary CD since My Life . I don’t really know what it is about Mary that inspires such diehard loyalty in us fans. It could be because she’s so real. Or it might be because she makes us feel . It might be because she gave a generation of young women a voice when no one was speaking our pain. And now that some of us have grown up with her, found love, feel content and know that real love and happiness comes from within, we’re all feeling “Just Fine.” Do you think that there’s something about Mary? Has an artist ever touched you the way Mary touches her fans?


“Just Fine”

12 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

I just love the way Mary has evolved. I'm so proud of what's she done with her life.

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Chicki ~ Me too! When I look at her now, I can't help but be proud of the sister.

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

I am with you, I was always a fan, I love to tease the Joe come lately's like my husband who are true fans NOW, how I knew what was what, when. And it has truly been a Woman's Evolution!

blessings,
angelia

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Angelia ~ LOL. I know, right. A lot of folks jumping on the Mary bandwagon with these last two CDs. They don't really know! LOL. But I'm glad her fan base is growing so wide and I really hope she continues to grow and evolve. As a die hard fan, I know I'll be right there!

Gwyneth

bettye griffin said...

Mary J. and I have a connection of sorts . . . her family lived in the same housing project in Yonkers, NY (Schlobohm) as mine did, though at different times. We moved out in 1964, long before Mary was even born. I think the Bliges were there about 15 years later.

I do enjoy her music.

vickiwe said...

Chikki, I agree. She is so sophisticated and classy now! A while ago Essence did a wonderful piece on her. I am so happy for her.

Victoria

Anonymous said...

I love me some MJB. She's had back to back hit albums with these last 3 CDS

PatriciaW said...

I have not been a Mary J fan. Not at all.

But her latest album has me hooked. I love every song I've heard so I guess I'm joining the fan club.

Don said...

I adore Mary J Blige. Absolutely adore her. She is the epitome of strength and beauty. As well as strength within her beauty.

I think every human being walking this Earth could stand to listen to her music. Her lessons learned, and survived.

Great post.

Farrah Rochon said...

I still remember cursing at the radio when the D.J. started talking over the end of her cover of Chaka Khan's Sweet Thing before I could stop recording it. It took me forever to get my Mary J. and Jodeci mix tape together, lol.

Through all her ups and downs, she's still going strong. I guess that's what you call staying power.

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Looks like we all have varying degrees of love for Ms. Blige!

;-)

Gwyneth

Anonymous said...

dvd copy pro -
earth4energy -
earth 4 energy -
easy launcher -
easy system cleaner -
eatstopeat -
eat stop eat -
eczema free forever -
end your tinnitus -
error nuker -
fatburningfurnace -
fat burning furnace -
fat loss 4 idiots -
final sync -
firewall gold -
fitness model program -
fit over 40 -
fit yummy yummy -
flattenyourabs -
flatten your abs -
forex candlesticks made easy -
forex killer -
forex megadroid -
get rid of your cellulite -
g money pro -
google shadow -
governmentregistry -
government registry -
gov resources -
health biz in a box -
homemadeenergy -
home made energy -
hybrid water power -
i software tv -