CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Romantic Times Review for Cuffed by Candlelight

I just keep getting news that I can't wait to share... The Romantic Times review is in for Cuffed by Candlelight the erotic romance anthology that I'm in with Beverly Jenkins and Katherine D. Jones. They gave it 4 stars! Here's the review:

CUFFED BY CANDLELIGHT
by Beverly Jenkins, Gwyneth Bolton and Katherine D. Jones

RT Rating: 4
Published: February 2007

Review:
Since Jenkins is renowned for her historical romances, the scandalous and outrageous sexual romps between the restrained woman who marries a paroled inmate are shockingly titillating. She forces you to shed stereotypes of Southern belles. "Guns and Roses," by Jones, is a mature twist from the horde of hip-hop books about sex and drugs in prison. Bolton's contribution, "Handcuffs Mean Never Having to Say You're Sorry," has several scorching moments. Throughout, the characterization is crisp, and the pace is moderated so precisely that you're primed for more.

Summary:
Jenkins' "Prisoner" opens our eyes to post-slavery Kansas while dispelling the notion that the joy of sex is relegated to harlots, and decision-making to men. Officer Gunn in Jones' story is torn between ethics and her own blatant prejudices when lustful thoughts of an arrogant inmate's brother persist. In Bolton's story, what happens when "I love you like a brother or sister" is overtaken by carnal desires is exposed, sometimes humorously. -- Robin R. Pendleton

10 comments:

PatriciaW said...

Congratulations Gwyneth! Erotica is not my thing but I'm happy for your success.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Gwyneth, this book sounds great. I cannot wait to read it when it comes out.

Tiffany

TDJ said...

Congratulations Gwyneth! I will be sure to pick this up. Keep up the great writing.

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Patricia W -- LOL! I'm not sure if it is mine... I'm still waiting on the reviews. My first two novels weren't erotic romances. I'm Gonna Make You Love Me was sort of sweet and If Only You Knew was passionate and emotional but not really erotic. I hardly knew I had one in me until I started writing Divine Destiny. I guess I'm just waiting to see what readers think of the Divine Destiny and the novella in Cuffed By Candlelight.

Tiffany -- :-) Thanks! I've read the other novellas in it and my own of course. I loved Beverly and Katherine's novellas! It really is a nice anthology collection.

TDJ -- Thanks!

Happy New Years, everyone!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a book I have to read!

Paz

Melissa said...

Great news! I will be sure to pick up a copy when it comes out. I am so glad I found your blog- I'll be back again. Have a great new year!

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Thanks, Paz! Happy New Year, girlfriend!

Hey, Melissa! I'm glad you found my blog too! Be sure to stop back! And Happy New Year to you too!

Gwyneth

Sharon Cullars said...

Congratulations Gwyn. Four stars is terrific!

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Thanks, Sharon! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!