CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Great New Book on Black Masculinity



So, in the spirit of Nikki and "black love is black wealth," I have to recommend this wonderful new book by Natalie Moore and Natalie Hopkinson. I loved it. This is a very important work. Pick up your copy today.

Here's what my alter ego, Gwendolyn D. Pough had to say about the book in her blurb for it:

"Hopkinson and Moore have written a groundbreaking and provocative book that shows what happens when you care enough to deconstruct. This very important work breaks down the myths surrounding Black masculinity in a way that inspires hope and points the way toward change. From Detroit hip-hop mayors to babydaddies, these women provide fuller pictures of Black masculinity and use their journalistic training to begin the healing. Brothers and sisters will find a place in this work to begin much needed dialogues and the world will find a space to see for the first time a real and honest critique of Black masculinity. A deconstruction done in love, this book is a must-read for all."

Much love and peace,

Gwyneth

3 comments:

Gwyneth Bolton said...

No, Gwendolyn read it pre-publication and gave a book cover blurb for it. :-)

Anonymous said...

me too, tamika. and because it looks like one i WANT to read, i'm getting the feeling it's going to take precedent over something else.

just what i need. :-p

Gwyneth Bolton said...

I know the feeling too, Elle and Tamika... It wasn't that long ago that I had the grad student blues... :-) Heck, I still feel guilty when I think about all things I have to read and the all the things I really want to read. So I can't tell y'all that it will go away and one day you'll be able to read guilt free...