CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Read any good books lately?

There are so many excellent African American romance novels coming out lately that it is really hard not to keep my to-be-read pile from toppling over. And I really don’t have a lot of free time to read now that the semester has started again. But you know me… I can't go for long without cramming in some serious reading time and I managed to pack in a few gems the last couple of months that I thought I'd share with you.

- Perfect Passion by Monica Jackson
This is a reprint of three of her early Arabesque novels and since I came to her work later when she was writing paranormal romances for Dafina, I thought I'd check out the early stuff. All three novels were great and it was nice to have them in the cool compiled collector's edition.

- Night Heat by Brenda Jackson
This romance read gives readers two romances in one and most important the hero Bas is something umm, umm, good. She also deals with the issue of rape and recovery in a touching way.

- Count on This by Niobia Bryant
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Unless you're a strong sexy heroine who got hitched to a super fine rich guy after knowing him for about a minute! This was a funny and sexy read.

- What A Fool Believes by Carmen Green
All I can say is, if committing a crime can get me a fine cop hero like the one in this book, lock a sistah up! This book had laugh-out-loud, oh-no-she-didn't moments.

- Dreaming of You by Francis Ray
I love the best friends becoming lovers plot and Ray makes it fresh and new in this sure to become a classic tale of love. And the heroine isn't a size two. I loved it!

- When You Were Mine by Adrianne Byrd
Watching Joey go after the man she thought she wanted and getting the man she never knew she needed was a fun romantic ride. I can't wait for the next book in this series.

- Embracing the Moonlight by Wayne Jordan
This was another two for one romance with two really sweet romances packed into one. What I really liked was the May/December romance that Jordan cooked up for the mother. I liked that momma got her a Tender Roni. Holla!

If you have read any of these and want to chime in, please do. Or if you have some books you think I should read, let me know. I love reading romance and I will always find the time to squeeze in a good black love story.

Happy Reading,

Gwyneth

5 comments:

elle said...

I;m in the middle of Count on This. Sizzling, more later

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Elle,

It is sizzling, girl! Niobia turned up the heat on this one for sure. And there is a you-had-me-at-hello moment at the end that had me like "I forgive you. You don't have to say another word." And, well, of course the hero couldn't hear me... But I digress. It was a great read and since I know you are a Niobia fan like me, you'll love it as well.

Gwyneth

elle said...

Gwyneth,

Please don't make me skip to the end and then have to read backwards, girl!! I have been so busy the last two days that I haven't been able to finish. But no work tomorrow so maybe...

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Okay, Elle,

Don't skip to the end and read backwards. But do finish it soon so I can see if you felt the same thing when you read that part. LOL

Gwyneth

elle said...

I finished. Oh. My. God!!