CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

More Hot Summer Reads

I spent the holiday weekend hanging out with my family and reading. I picked up a copy of the latest installment in L. A. Banks's Vampire Huntress series, The Forsaken. And I also picked up a copy of Ann Christopher's Trouble. I enjoyed both books a lot.

Ann Christopher is a new author with Kensington's Dafina imprint. Her romance novel provided a wonderful and engaging read. The hero is Mike Baldwin and all I can say is wow. He is a serious "do-right" man. The heroine, Dara, didn't have a chance once he set his sights on her and seriously started pursuit. Christopher has a real knack for creating characters that just pull you right in. I was truly captivated by all the characters. The prose pulled me right along on their ride to love.

If you haven't started reading L. A. Banks's Vampire Huntress series then you are missing out on a serious good thing. The latest installement, The Forsaken, had me turning the pages so fast I might have to buy another copy of the book. I couldn't put it down. Banks went through the bible, various myths and contemporary world events to weave together a novel that blows the mind it is so good. I mean she took me there bringing Cain into the picture. Take it from me, start with Minion and read the rest so you can experience this great series.

And if you are still looking for great reads check out Deatri King-Bey's Caught Up. This novel is the perfect mix of intrigue, suspense and romance. It has something in it for everyone. When I read it I got so caught up I couldn't put the book down. Trying to figure out who is lying, who is telling the truth and who can be trusted kept my mind twirling.

So if you are looking for some more hot books to take to the beach or wherever you plan to do your summer reading, pick up one of these books today.

Happy reading,

Gwyneth

0 comments: